[Jamie-news] Jamie Anderson Newsletter

tsunamiinc at aol.com tsunamiinc at aol.com
Mon May 4 11:03:34 EDT 2015

Apologies if you got this twice. It appears it didn't go out the first time so I'm re-sending it.

 1. Tour schedule

    2. Welcome and general blabbing

    3. Music camp for women musicians

    4. I’m on “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me” this weekend

    5. My book is a finalist for a Goldie

    6. Mailing list business

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    1.    Tour Schedule

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Shows:

    May 22 – 24, VA, Virginia Women’s Music Festival, with Kara Barnard, I’m on Saturday afternoon but come for the whole festival,     www.campoutva.com    ,

    May 29, Cary, NC  8 pm, The Cary Theater, 122 E Chatham St, with Chris Rosser, http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=8023349

    June 5-7  VA, Women and Harmony Music Camp, music camp for women musicians, with instructors Tret Fure and Jamie, https://harmonyandwomen.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/women-and-harmony-music-camp/

    June 20 Carrboro, NC, 8 pm, ArtsCenter West End Theater, 300 G W Main St, with Dianne Davidson and Deidre McCalla, tickets:     http://www.artscenterlive.org/events/we-arent-dead-yet/       919-929-2787

    June 26 Nashville, TN, 9 pm, Douglas Corner Café,     2106 8th Ave S,     with Dianne Davidson and Deidre McCalla, tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/we-arent-dead-yet-dianne-davidson-jamie-anderson-and-deidre-mccalla-tickets-16475893842

    June 27 Atlanta, GA, 8 pm, First Existentialist Congregation, 470 Candler Park Drive NE, with Deidre McCalla and Dianne Davidson, tickets: http://wady.brownpapertickets.com/

    July 2-5 Madison, WI, National Women’s Music Festival,     www.wiaonline.org

    Aug 2   Hart, MI, 7 pm, Comfort Inn, annual pre-fest concert with Nedra Johnson

    Aug 18      Ottawa, ON    , Good Companions Center

    Oct 17  Bethlehem, NH, Highlands Inn

    Classes:

    May 30 Durham, NC, 1-2:30 pm

    High Strung, 1803 W Markham Ave, 919-251-9401, http://www.highstrungdurham.com/

    Spice Up Your Guitar     – learn techniques to bring your playing up to the next level – new strums and picking patterns, new chord forms, hammer-ons and more. For beginner adults and teens who know a few chords and can change them without stopping

    June 8 – 29  Durham, NC          Durham Arts Council, 120 Morris St, www.durhamarts.org, 919-560-2787

    5-6 pm, Beginning Ukulele for Kids – ages 8-12, learn how to tune and play chords for favorite songs

    6-7 pm, Beginning Ukulele for Teens and Adults – learn how to tune and play chords for favorite songs

    7-8 pm, Beginning Guitar for Teens and Adults – learn how to tune, read tab and chords for favorite songs

    June 13 Durham, NC, 1-2:30 pm

                High Strung, 1803 W. Markham Ave, 919-251-9401, http://www.highstrungdurham.com/

    Songwriting Fundamentals     – get started with songwriting with fun exercises and instruction. Also for more experienced songwriters who want a boost.

    Aug 4   Hart, MI, teaching intensive at Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival,     www.michfest.com

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    2.  Welcome and general blabbing

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I’m really excited about upcoming gigs in the south and National Women’s Music Festival. Details are above. I'm planning to eat lots of greens and sweet potato pie, practice my hula hooping while playing the uke, and have more fun than a middle-aged folksinger should have.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    3. Music camp for women musicians

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    If you’re a woman musician who wants to further your skills and have fun, we’ve got a camp for you! It’s at beautiful CampOut in central Virgiina. Tret Fure and I will offer classes in songwriting, guitar, ukulele and guitar. There’ll be sing alongs, an open mike and a concert by Tret and me. We have cabins available or you can bring your RV or tent. It’s only $200 and that covers a whole weekend of programming, food and lodging. Want to know more? Click here.

    4. I’m on “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me” this weekend

    I’m a contestant on popular NPR show “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me” this weekend! It airs at different times around the US the weekend of May 2 and 3 – check your local public radio station. Or, you can catch it on podcast starting Saturday afternoon here. I play the game “Bluff the Listener,” about halfway through the program. I am beyond excited about this. I’m such a public radio geek and this is my favorite program.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    5. My book is a finalist for a Goldie

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    How cool is that? It’s unusual for a first-time author to be nominated. It's listed here under "Anthology/Collection."

    What book? Why, Drive All Night. Find out more here.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    You are on this list because you signed up at a concert or went online and signed yourself up. If neither of those things happened then someone has forwarded you this newsletter. I do not add anyone without their permission nor is this list sold to anyone else. If you'd like to unsub, I'll cry but I won't make you pay my therapist bill. You can do it yourself     here    . Likewise if you'd like to change your address. Please don't forward virus warnings, news items, jokes or petitions. With 3,000 of you on this list it'd be too much to keep up with the extra mail. However, I love getting mail from fans and answer when I can: tsunamiinc at aol dot com.

    Hope to see you at a show or class!

    Peace and chocolate,

    Jamie

    www.jamieanderson.com