[Jamie-news] The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

tsunamiinc at aol.com tsunamiinc at aol.com
Tue Jul 30 19:52:12 EDT 2013

The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

1. Tour schedule
2. Welcome and general blabbing
3. Mailing list business
4. Ending quote

Festival for the Eno, July 6, 2013, with bassist Robbie Link, photo by Kathryn Walbert

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.    Tour Schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/4        Hart, MI, 7pm, Comfort Inn, annual pre-fest concert with Nedra Johnson, http://nedrajohnson.com/prefest2013.html – SOLD OUT
8/6        Hart, MI,teach intensive workshop (music jam) at Michigan Women’s Music Festival, www.michfest.com
8/24      Ottawa, ON, 12:30,Vanier Festival des Nations, with OttawaValley Special
8/24      Kinburn, ON, 7, Swampfest, www.kinburn.ca/swampfest, withOttawa Valley Special
9/6        Bloomington,IN, Blue Room House Concerts
9/7        Indianapolis,IN, 8 pm, Irving Theater, with Martine Locke, www.attheirving.com
9/8        Lansing,MI, 4 pm, Art Alley, 1133 S Washington Ave, benefit for Women in theArts Festival, www.miartshare.com, 517-896-4046
9/13      Downers Grove, IL,8 pm, Two Way Street Coffeehouse, www.twowaystreet.org
9/14      Rockford, IL,Charlotte’s Web, www.snapshotmusic.com
9/21      Kirkersville, OH, Ohio Lesbian Festival,www.ohiolesbianfestival.wordpress.com
9/28      Syracuse, NY, 7 pm, Women’s Info Center, 601 Allen St, fundraiserfor center, $15 in advance, $20 at door, reservations: 315-446-7196, womensinfo.org
9/29      Becket, MA, Dreamaway Lodge, with the Ladies AuxiliaryUkulele Orchestra
10/4      Middletown, CT,Buttonwood Tree, with the Ladies Auxiliary Ukulele Orchestra
10/5      Bethlehem, NH,Highlands Inn, www.highlandsinn-nh.com
10/11 – 12  Houston, TX,performance and panel presentation on the history of women’s music, CelebratingOur Lesbian Legacies: An Old Lesbian Oral Herstory Project Symposium, MarriottSouth at Hobby Airport, 9100 Gulf Freeway, www.olohp.org
10/19    Ottawa,ON, Tunes at Noon
12/14    Ottawa, ON,Rasputin’s Cabaret

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2.    Welcome and general blabbing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m so excited about my new album, Dare,that I’m about to levitate. The recording is done and is now at the duplicator.It should arrive at the palatial Tsunami Recording offices in late August and you can buy it in September. The recording went so well, I keptexpecting the other shoe to drop but ya know? Sometimes there isn’t anothershoe. If you want to know more about making the album, check out my blog: http://jamiebobamie.wordpress.com/  -- there’s lots of info there, including someentertaining videos made in the studio.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my Indiegogo campaign. I raised$632 over my goal! I am so grateful to have such support.

I’m getting ready to leave for the Michigan festival. It’s always a goodtime. We start with a concert in town, at the Comfort Inn, with Nedra Johnson.CC Carter is joining us again this year. It’s sold out, but if you’re alreadyin the area and you want to check at show time, we might have a seat or twoleft. Then it’s on to the festival! I’m facilitating a music jam on Tuesday, 1-4pm and again, Thursday -- Sunday mornings. Check the program after you arrivefor times and location. All instruments and level of players are welcome.Singers, too! I’ll also be in the Goldenrod Booth almost every afternoon. Stopby and say hey.

I’m gearing up for an album release tour in September and October thatincludes the Midwest, New England and Texas. I’ve got a couple of open dates.If you can host a house concert or have other ideas for gigs, give me a shout.

You are on this list because you signed up at a concert or went onlineand signed yourself up. If neither of those things happened then someone hasforwarded you this newsletter. I do not add anyone without their permission noris this list sold to anyone else. If you'd like to unsub, I'll cry but I won'tmake you pay my therapist bill. You can do it yourself at http://lists.jamieanderson.com/mailman/options/jamie-news_lists.jamieanderson.com  Likewise if you'dlike to change your address. Please don't forward virus warnings, newsitems, jokes or petitions. With over 2,000 of you on this list it'd be toomuch to keep up with the extra mail. However, I love getting mail from fans andanswer when I can: tsunamiinc at aol dot com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5. Ending quote

“Beating yourself up is never a fair fight.” – Andrea Gibson

She’s a wonderful poet. Check her out.

Be kind to yourselves.

-- Jamie

www.jamieanderson.com