[Jamie-news] The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

tsunamiinc at aol.com tsunamiinc at aol.com
Wed Jan 2 10:44:55 EST 2013

TheJamie Anderson Newsletter

We loved the gifts.Vito loved the box.

1. Tour schedule
2. Welcome and general blabbing
3. New videos
4. My blog
5. Looking for Midwest venues
6. Mailing list business
7. Ending quote

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.    Tour Schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/12      Ottawa, ON, 11:30 am, live appearance on CKCU CanadianSpaces (folk show), listen at 93.1 FM or at http://www.ckcufm.com/
1/19      Ottawa, ON, 8 pm, Café Michel-Ange, ***location is changing –check their website to get new address ***, with cellist Ken Kanwisher, http://lemichelange.ca/
May/June  MD/VA/NC/GA
8/4        Hart, MI, annual pre-fest concert with Nedra Johnson
8/7        Hart, MI, teach intensive workshop at Michigan Women’s MusicFestival, www.michfest.com
9/13      Downers Grove, IL, Two Way Street Coffeehouse
9/14      Rockford, IL, Charlotte’s Web
10/4      Middleton, CT, Buttonwood Tree
10/5      Bethlehem, NH, Highlands Inn
12/14    Ottawa, ON, Rasputin’s Cabaret

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2.    Welcome and general blabbing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had three wonderful gigs in Arizona in November and December. Totallyspoiled me. Now I’m back at home in the frozen north. I’m doing my best toembrace winter, walking outside when I can and trying out the new snowshoesthat Santa brought. If anyone had told me a few years ago that I’d enjoytraipsing around the snowy woods in single-digit weather, I’d have told themthey were batsh*t crazy, but ya know, if the sun is out, it’s really nice. It's great exercise and Ilove how the snow sparkles in the sun.

I’ve got a gig in Ottawa this month. I’m really excited about it becauseI have some new songs AND I’m performing with cellist Ken Kanwisher. He plays alot of other instruments, so he may join me on those too. The café wherewe’re playing is changing locations before my gig so keep an eye on theirwebsite to find out where they are. I’m told it’s a bigger and better placeso I’m psyched!

For fans of my band, Ottawa Valley Special – we lost our four gigs atthe Elmdale Tavern because they’re changing hands. We’re hoping the new ownerswill book us, but they’re taking some time to remodel. Meanwhile, I’m scoutingout other gigs for us, so stay tuned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. New videos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A song about Canada, from a TV show I taped recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZdrwJcHs60

New videos from my band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BybhSBgQSGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBP1p6fxS0

~~~~~~~~~
4. My blog
~~~~~~~~~

Music, tour stories and good chocolate – it’s all there in my weeklyblog. My most current post has New Year resolutions for music fans andmusicians: http://jamiebobamie.wordpress.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5.  Looking for Midwest venues
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’ve got a couple of bookings in Illinois in September and I’m lookingto expand that. Have a favorite venue where you’d like to see me? I need a listening crowd and morethan tip jar pay. Shoot me an email and let me know how to contact the venue and I’lldo the rest. Thinking of doing a house concert? There’s more info here.

You are on this list because you signed up at a concert or went onlineand signed yourself up. If neither of those things happened then someone hasforwarded you this newsletter. I do not add anyone without their permission noris this list sold to anyone else. If you'd like to unsub, I'll cry but I won'tmake you pay my therapist bill. You can do it yourself at http://lists.jamieanderson.com/mailman/options/jamie-news_lists.jamieanderson.com  Likewise if you'dlike to change your address. Please don't forward virus warnings, newsitems, jokes or petitions. With over 2,000 of you on this list it'd be toomuch to keep up with the extra mail. However, I love getting mail from fans andanswer when I can: tsunamiinc at aol dot com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7.    Ending quote

“New Year’s Resolution:To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take upany more of my time.” – James Agate

Amen. Best wishes for agreat 2013!

-- Jamie

www.jamieanderson.com
www.facebook.com/JamieAndersonOttawa