[Jamie-news] Jamie Anderson Newsletter

tsunamiinc at aol.com tsunamiinc at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 10:01:00 EDT 2012

The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

1. Tour schedule
2. Welcome and general blabbing
3. Looking for house concert opportunities in Arizona and New Mexico
4. Be my friend on Facebook
5. My blog
6. Want to hear me at your favorite venue?
7. Check out my website
8. Three Bridges is no longeravailable on disc
9. Mailing list business
10. Ending quote

Fall has come to our front yard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.    Tour Schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/8 – 11 Kerhonkson, NY,NERFA conference, for attendees only, www.nerfa.org
11/17       Ottawa,ON, 8 pm, Café Michel-Ange, 35 Laurel, with Ottawa Valley Special
12/7         Tucson,AZ, 8 pm, house concert, reservations and directions: outinAZ at q.com
12/8         Phoenix,AZ, 8 pm, Fiddler’s Dream, with Wayward Maggie, www.fiddlersdream.org
2013:
1/13         Ottawa,ON, 3 pm, Elmdale Tavern, with Ottawa Valley Special
1/19         Ottawa,ON, 8 pm, Café Michel-Ange, 35 Laurel, solo
2/10         Ottawa,ON, 3 pm, Elmdale Tavern, with Ottawa Valley Special
3/10         Ottawa,ON, 3 pm, Elmdale Tavern, with Ottawa Valley Special
4/14         Ottawa,ON, 3 pm, Elmdale Tavern, with Ottawa Valley Special

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2.    Welcome and general blabbing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s fall! Yay! I’m trying to embrace it even though it only meanswinter is coming.

I had an utter blast at a couple of gigs in September. Thanks so much toeveryone who came out to my shows in Ottawa and Syracuse. Y’all rock. Er, folk.

I’m not performing in October. I’m teaching, though, so if you live inthe Ottawa area, contact me for guitar, mandolin or ukulele lessons.

In November, I’m heading out to the NERFA conference in upstate New York.I’ll be showcasing and pressing a lot of palms. If you’ll be there, pleaseintroduce yourself. I’m also doing a gig in Ottawa with my band at thewonderful Café Michel-Ange. Details are above.

3. Looking for house concert opportunities in Arizona and New Mexico

Do you live in Arizona or New Mexico? Do you have an address book of atleast 20 people who love live music? Want an entertaining singer-songwriter inyour living room? Contact me: tsunamiinc at aol.com.Even if you’ve never presented a house concert, I can help you. It’s easy –like putting together a party with live music. I’m looking for opportunities inearly December. I already have gigs in Tucson and central Phoenix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Be my friend on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I keep the cute cat photos to a minimum. My friends get to do greatstuff like help me write songs or enter photo caption contests. My regular pageis at JamieAndersonOttawa and my music page at JamieAndersonMusic.

~~~~~~~~~
5. My blog
~~~~~~~~~

My weekly blog covers everything from funny touring stories toinstruction for guitar players. Check out the home page at http://jamiebobamie.wordpress.com/ -- look at the rightside of the page and you’ll see posts categorized by topic. My latest post is aboutwhether or not guitar players should learn to read music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6. Want to hear me at your favorite venue?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please contact them and tell them so.I’ve gotten a few nice gigs this way. Don’t forget music festivals. I’m sendingaudition packages to several this month and if they get my package right afteryour request, they’ll think, “Well, she or he had the good taste to requestthis artist, maybe we will book them.”

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. Check out my website
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There’s lots of stuff up there, from the liner notes to my last tworeleases (Better Than Chocolate and Three Bridges) to fun videos. www.jamieanderson.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. Three Bridges is no longeravailable on disc

You are on this list because you signed up at a concert or went onlineand signed yourself up. If neither of those things happened then someone hasforwarded you this newsletter. I do not add anyone without their permission noris this list sold to anyone else. If you'd like to unsub, I'll cry but I won'tmake you pay my therapist bill. You can do it yourself at http://lists.jamieanderson.com/mailman/options/jamie-news_lists.jamieanderson.com  Likewise if you'dlike to change your address. Please don't forward virus warnings, newsitems, jokes or petitions. With over 2,000 of you on this list it'd be toomuch to keep up with the extra mail. However, I love getting mail from fans andanswer when I can: tsunamiinc at aol dot com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10.    Ending quote

“It usedto be that we disagreed over the basic facts we were fighting over, and we haddifferent opinions about them. Now I think we accept different sources ofauthority. ... And people can establish credibility on their own say-so as longas nobody follows the trail and calls them out on it.” – Rachel Maddow

Say it,sister!

Have agreat fall, everyone.

-- Jamie

www.jamieanderson.com