[Jamie-news] The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 17:05:24 EST 2011

The  Jamie Anderson Newsletter

Photo by Toni Armstrong, Jr

With Lisa Koch at the National March on Washington,  1993

I wrote about Lisa in one of my recent blogs. Check it out:
http://jamiebobamie.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/lisa-kochs-middle-aged-woman/
1. Tour  schedule
2.  Welcome and general blabbing
3.  New post: _http://jamiebobamie.wordpress.com/_
(http://jamiebobamie.wordpress.com/)
4. Mailing  list business
5. Ending  quote
If  you’d like to contact us, please don’t use the reply function, write
to  tsunamiinc at aol dot com. If you want to unsub or otherwise change your
subscription, please see the instructions at
_www.jamieanderson.com/newsletter.html_ (http://www.jamieanderson.com/newsletter.html) .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.  Tour Schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More  dates will be added
4/1        Oakland Park, FL, 9 pm, Biddy  Earlys, 3419 N. Andrews Ave,
954-614-8926, come early for the open mike at  7:30
4/2        Miami, FL, 8 pm, Something  Special, _www.dykenotes.com_
(http://www.dykenotes.com/) ,  305-696-8826, _Maryanne.Louise at dykenotes.com_
(mailto:Maryanne.Louise at dykenotes.com) , women  only please
4/3        Palm Harbor, FL (Tampa), 5 pm  potluck, 6 pm show, house
concert,  rstallman at tampabay.rr.com
4/7        Pensacola, FL, 6 pm, WUWF Radio  Live, Vinyl Music Hall, 2 S.
Palafox Pl, come to the show or listen at _www.wuwf.org_
(http://www.wuwf.org/) , with  Cliff Eberhardt, Nora Jane Struthers and Monroe Crossing
4/8        Tallahassee, FL, 8 pm, Abundance  Wellness Center, 325 John Knox
Rd,  robin.mcdougall at comcast.net
4/15      Downers Grove, IL, 8:15 pm, Two  Way Street Coffeehouse, 1047
Curtiss St (across from the Downers Grove Public  Library),
www.twowaystreet.org
4/16      Rockford, IL, 7:30 pm, Just  Goods Listening Room, 201 7th St,
with fiddler player Tracy Feldman,  www.charlotteswebrockford.org
4/17      Bloomington, IN, 5:30 potluck,  6:30 show, Blue Room House
Concert, blueroom7 at comcast.net
4/22      Mishawaka, IN (South Bend), 7  pm, GLBT Resource Center, 1522
Mishawaka Ave,  www.michianaglbtcenter.org
4/23      Cincinnati, OH, 8 pm, Mt. Auburn  Presbyyterian Church, 103
William Howard Taft Rd. with Willow  Morning
4/29      Lansing, MI, TBA
4/30      Columbus, OH, 8 pm, King Ave  United Methodist Church, 299 King
Ave, with the Columbus Women’s Chorus, _www.cwchorus.org_
(http://www.cwchorus.org/)
5/1        Columbus, OH, 3 pm, same as  above
5/20      Suffern, NY (Rockland County), 8  pm, house concert, reservations
and directions: 845-364-LINK, women only  please
5/21      Media, PA (Philadelphia), 7:30  pm, Unitarian Universalist Church
of Delaware County, 145 W. Rose Tree Rd,  tickets at
_http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/153188_ (http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/153188) ,
opening: Marla McCulloch
5/22      Freeland, MD, 7 pm, Heathcote  Community (open to the public),
_www.heathcote.org_ (http://www.heathcote.org/) ,  curiocoast at comcast.net
5/27 –  28           VA Women’s Music  Festival, music set Friday at 6:35
pm, emcee Saturday day stage, _http://www.campoutva.com/musicfest.html_
(http://www.campoutva.com/musicfest.html)
6/10      Durham, NC, Common Ground  Theatre, comedy show
6/11      Greensboro, NC, Open Space Café  Theatre, comedy show
7/4        Durham, NC Festival for the Eno,
http://enoriver.org/Festival/index.html
7/31      Hart, MI, Comfort Inn, annual  concert with Nedra Johnson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2.  Welcome and general blabbing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Over  the last two days I’ve spent three hours shoveling my driveway. I’m
not  complaining though ‘cause it was sunny - a beautiful day, as they say
in Canada  (never mind that it's below zero) - and it saved me a trip to the
gym.  However, I will be so ready to do  some gigs in Florida next month.
Hope to see y’all out there or at one of my  other gigs.
BTW I’m  always happy to do requests at gigs but my memory stinks. So,
email me with  what you want to hear, _tsunamiinc at aol.com_
(mailto:tsunamiinc at aol.com)  and I’ll see if I can blast the  cobwebs off that part of my brain.
No guarantees – if anyone requests “I Kissed  a Girl” I will smack them.
3.  New post at my blog: http://jamiebobamie.wordpress.com/

You  are on this list because you signed up at a concert or went online and
signed  yourself up. If neither of those things happened then someone has
forwarded you  this newsletter. I do not add anyone without their permission
nor is this list  sold to anyone else. If you'd like to unsub, I'll cry but
I won't make you pay  my therapist bill. You can do it yourself at
_www.jamieanderson.com/newsletter.html_
(http://www.jamieanderson.com/newsletter.html) .  Likewise if you'd like to change your address. Please  don't forward
virus warnings, news items, jokes or petitions.  With over 2,000 of you on
this list it'd be too much to keep up with the extra  mail. However, I love
getting mail from fans and answer when I can: tsunamiinc  at aol dot com.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5.  Ending quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Who  would want to break into it? It's like a bank that's already been
robbed." --  Randy Newman, back stage at the Oscars, in answer to a question
about how to  break into the music business
--  Jamie

_www.jamieanderson.com_ (http://www.jamieanderson.com/)
_http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/pages/Jamie-Anderson/1331267700498
64_
(http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/pages/Jamie-Anderson/133126770049864)
Get  Jamie’s recordings at _http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JamieAnderson_
(http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JamieAnderson) , _www.goldenrod.com_
(http://www.goldenrod.com/) , _www.ladyslipper.org_ (http://www.ladyslipper.org/) , and
many download sites including iTunes.com and itunes.ca