[Jamie-News] The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Wed May 9 08:44:12 EDT 2007

The  Jamie Anderson Newsletter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Table  of Contents
9. Ending quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.  Performances
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always check with the venue before  heading out to a show.
More dates are being added  all the time!
5/11      Frederick, MD, 8 pm, Westside Café, 1A  West 2nd  St, 301-418-6886,
 www.westside-cafe.com
5/12      Chatham, NJ, 8 pm, The Sanctuary  Concerts at the Presbyterian
Church, 240 Southern Blvd, _www.sanctuaryconcerts.org_
(http://www.sanctuaryconcerts.org/) , open for  Cris Williamson
5/26      Kents Store, VA, Virginia  Women’s Music Festival,
_www.campoutva.com_ (http://www.campoutva.com/)
6/3        Hillsborough, NC, 3 – 8 pm  (Jamie’s performance time TBA), Blue
Bayou Club, 106 S. Churton St, _www.bluebayouclub.com_
(http://www.bluebayouclub.com/) , benefit for  Parkinson’s disease research, with the Jive Turkey
Players, Lynn McGee and The  Monarchs, Bull City Band, Jason Harrod, Jeff Hart
and Mel  Melton
6/22-24  Provincetown, MA, Golden Threads,  www.goldenthreadsptown.org
7/4        Durham, NC, Festival for the Eno,  www.enoriver.org
7/6        Bloomington, IL, National Women’s Music Festival,
www.wiaonline.org
8/4        Alpena, MI, Backroads House  Concert
8/5        Hart, MI, Comfort Inn, with  Nedra Johnson
8/18      Cincinnati, OH, Tri-state  Womonfest
8/19      Sandusky, OH, Firelands  Pride
9/8        Des Moines, IA, WCC at Friends Meeting House,  opening: Mary
McAdams
9/10      Cedar  Falls, IA, tentative
9/14      Chicago, IL, Fitzgeralds
9/15      Ft.  Wayne, IN, Sophia’s  Portico
9/16      Joliet, IL, house  concert
9/18      Chicago, IL, Big  Chicks/Tweet
9/22      Indianapolis, IN, Indy Indie, with special  guest
11/16    Tucson, AZ
11/17    Phoenix, AZ, tentative
11/18    Apache Junction,  AZ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Welcome and general  blabbing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so excited about my new album,  Three Bridges, that I’m about to pee my
pants. It’s a celebration of 20  years of touring so I’ve packed as many
songs as possible into this one package.  I’ve chosen cuts from earlier albums
(that haven’t been available for quite some  time) plus a few newer favorites AND
I recorded two brand new songs with Kara  Barnard. Add that to looking
through old photos of my career for the album cover  and damn, it’s been great
traveling down memory lane. There were times when I  needed four wheel drive but so
many of you were there to haul me out of the mud.  That’s a confusing
metaphor but you get it, right? Thanks to everyone for  allowing me the privilege of
playing for you all these  years.
It was hard choosing the songs. If  there’s one of my tunes that you
absolutely think I should have on Three  Bridges, shoot me an email before tomorrow
(May 10). That’s when I head to  the mastering facility to finish the recording
portion of this  shindig.
Three Bridges will be out in  early July, in time for the National Women’s
Music Festival. Speaking of that –  y’all don’t want to miss this fab festival –
 women, men, all those in between –  what are you waiting for? Doncha wanna
hear Lucie Blue Tremblay, Ember Swift,  Marga Gomez, Zoe Lewis, Michele Balan,
Ubaka Hill, Linda Tillery, Wishing Chair,  Kara Barnard and more? Go to fun
workshops? Sleep in a Real Bed? (Camping is  nice but if you’re like me, you
want a roof over your head. One that isn’t  nylon.) It’s the longest running
women’s music festival on the planet and yes,  it’s older than that other one.
Find out more at _www.wiaonline.org_ (http://www.wiaonline.org/) .
If you live in the south and Illinois  is too far to go, maybe the Virginia
Women’s Music Festival on Memorial Day  weekend is more your speed? Check out
the line-up: Tret Fure, SONiA, Sister  Funk, Paprika, Someone's Sister, moi and
many more. It’s a great little  festival on a beautiful piece of land.
www.campoutva.com
And while I'm talking about great  gigs, I’m headed to Maryland this Friday
to  play at the Westside Café in Frederick. For a while their website said the
gig wasn’t happening but look again, it is now! Spread the word, ‘k? On
Saturday, I’m OPENING FOR CRIS WILLIAMSON in Chatham, NJ.  (That’s the northern
part of the state, not too far from NYC.) Not that I’m  excited or anything.
Tell you friends, y’all. It’s not often that Cris gets out  that way or that I
get to open for her.
Check out the tour schedule above. I’ve  got lots of dates coming up this
year. Remember, if I’m coming to your region  but not to your city, consider
doing a house concert. It’s like throwing a big  party only there’s live music.
You need a space that seats 20 or 30ish. E me to  find out more:
office at jamieanderson.com.
Well, blah, blah, blah about gigs. Hope  to see you out at one. If not,
journey up to MySpace, blast my songs and pretend  I’m singing to you. If you’re a
stalker well, never mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3. I need friends. Go to MySpace!  Please?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.myspace.com/jamieandersonmusic
Won’t you be my friend? Get tour  updates, listen to songs, read my blog and
see pics that aren’t on my regular  site.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Who do I sound  like?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’m  getting ready to rewrite my bio and I’m stuck. Most folks who read a
bio want to  know who the musician sounds like. And yeah, all musicians hate
this because we  like to think that we’re the Most Original Performer on Planet
Earth. In the  past others have compared me to Christine Lavin (‘cause she’s a
funny chick  too), Shawn Colvin (same vocal quality I guess) and Joni
Mitchell (that’s a  stretch, frankly, but some say that simply because she’s a folk
singer). So who  do you think I sound like? Write like? Dress like? Okay,
kidding about the last  one, especially if you say Paris Hilton. But cereal (that’
s preteen speak for  “seriously”), who would you compare me to? Help out a
writer  here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5. Musicians, looking for a bio  writer?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of my gigs is writing CD reviews  and articles about music. If I read one
more bio bloated with empty superlatives  (The next Dylan! Better than yo
mama!) it’s gonna get ugly, people. For a small  fee and quick turnaround, I can
write your bio. My work has been published in  Acoustic Guitar, Sing Out!,
Indie-Music.com and more. Here are some  samples:
_http://www.jeremyjamesmusic.com/bio.html_
(http://www.jeremyjamesmusic.com/bio.html)
_http://www.carlynhutchins.com/index.cfm_
(http://www.carlynhutchins.com/index.cfm)
_http://www.indie-music.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4642_
(http://www.indie-music.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4642)
_http://www.indie-music.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4792_
(http://www.indie-music.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4792)
I can also write bios, web  content and press releases for dancers and other
kinds of creative folks.  Interested? Give me a shout:
_Jamie at jamieanderson.com_ (mailto:Jamie at jamieanderson.com)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7. Health  insurance advice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to change health insurance soon.  Any insurance geeks out there who
can give me expert advice? I’m leaning toward  Blue Cross (North  Carolina)
because my present MD accepts them. Even if I  go with them I’m not sure what plan
to choose. It’s a confusing insurance world  out there. When can I move to
Canada?
8. Looking for someone to video tape  my performance
I’m still looking for someone who can  record a live performance. Do you have
a decent camera and will you be at my  gigs this weekend (MD or NJ) or others
later on? I’d love to talk with you!  tsunamiinc at aol.com
forward jokes, news items, virus  warnings or petitions. I love personal notes
from fans, though, and  try to answer every email. I do not share the mailing
list with anyone  else. Feel free to forward this newsletter to your friends,
especially if I'm  going to be performing in their area. Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10. The ending quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I  have lost friends, some by death, others through sheer inability to cross
the  street.” – Virginia Woolf
“Go  through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the
airport.  The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren’t bad
people;  they’re just acquaintances.” – Jay Leno
“Friends  help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.” – Dave  Attell
Who  is this guy Dave? Please tell me I don’t live anywhere near  him.
Peace and chocolate y’all,
-- Jamie
Jamie Anderson
_www.jamieanderson.com_ (http://www.jamieanderson.com/)