[Jamie-news] Jamie Anderson Newsletter

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 12:47:51 EDT 2007

The  Jamie Anderson Newsletter

National Women's Music Festival, 2007,  with Kara Barnard
Photo by Janice Rickert
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Table of Contents
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Performances
2. The new album is here and other  blabbing
3. Check out my  video
4. New stuff at my website
5. Do you live in IA, MN, WI,  KY, WV or IL?
6. Be my friend
7. Musicians, looking for a bio writer?
8. Funniest video I’ve seen in a long  time
9. Still looking for someone to video  tape my performance
10. Mailing list  business
11. Ending quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.  Performances
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always check with the venue before  heading out to a show.
More dates are being added  all the time!
8/4        Alpena, MI, 7 pm, Backroads House Concert,
www.backroadshouseconcerts.com
8/5        Hart, MI, 7 pm, Comfort Inn,  with Nedra Johnson, advance tickets
are sold out but we may have a few available at the door
8/14      Nashville, IN, 6:30 pm, Weed  Patch Music Company, Beginning
Bellydance workshop, 58 E. Main St, 812-988-1180,  _www.weedpatchmusiccompany.com_
(http://www.weedpatchmusiccompany.com/) ,  $15
8/15      Nashville, IN, 6:30 pm, Weed Patch Music  Company, Songwriting for
Everyone workshop, 58 E. Main St, 812-988-1180,
_www.weedpatchmusiccompany.com_ (http://www.weedpatchmusiccompany.com/) ,  $15
8/17      Bloomington, IN, 7:30 pm, Unity Church, 4001 S. Rogers St,
812-333-2484, _www.unityofbloomington.org_ (http://www.unityofbloomington.org/) ,
_robeysnow at yahoo.com_ (mailto:robeysnow at yahoo.com) , opening: Ginger  Curry
8/18      Cincinnati, OH, Womonfest, Maple Ridge Lodge,  3040 Westwood
Northern  Blvd, www.tristatewomonfest.com
8/19      Sandusky,  OH, 2 pm, Firelands Pride, Harlequin Coach House
Community Theater, 414  Wayne St, _www.firelandspride.com_
(http://www.firelandspride.com/) , opening: Tracy  Drach
9/8        Des Moines, IA, 7:30 pm, WCC at Friends Meeting  House, opening:
Mary McAdams
9/10      Cedar Falls, IA, 7 pm, KUNI Live  from Studio One, be in the studio
or listen at 90.9 FM,  www.kuniradio.org
9/12      Nashville, IN, workshop, Weed Patch Music  Company
9/14      Berwyn, IL, Fitzgeralds, 6615 Roosevelt Rd,  708-788-2118,
www.fitzgeraldsnightclub.com
9/15      Ft.  Wayne, IN, Sophia’s  Portico
9/16      Joliet, IL, house concert,  LDorothy at aol.com
9/18      Chicago, IL, Homolatte at Big Chicks/Tweet, 5020 N. Sheridan,
www.homolatte.com
9/21      Pittsburgh, PA, Capitol Café, with Tracy  Drach
9/22      Indianapolis, IN, Indy Indie, Key Cinemas,  www.indyindie.com
9/30      Carrboro, NC, Carrboro Music  Festival
11/16    Tucson, AZ, Greenfire  Arts
11/17    Phoenix, AZ, with Slique Callahan,  tentative
11/18    Apache Junction, AZ, Superstition Mountain RV Resort
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. The new album is here and  other blabbing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’m so proud of my new album, Three  Bridges. You can get it from
_www.cdbaby.com/jamieanderson4_ (http://www.cdbaby.com/jamieanderson4)  or download it
from _www.digstation.com/JamieAnderson_
(http://www.digstation.com/JamieAnderson) . It’s also available  at _www.ladyslipper.org_
(http://www.ladyslipper.org/) , _www.goldenrod.com_ (http://www.goldenrod.com/) , _www.iTunes.com_
(http://www.itunes.com/)   and too many more to list. This album contains the most
requested songs from my  20 year career like “Dark Chocolate” and “I Wanna Be a
Straight Guy.” I’ve also  included a couple of new tunes, “My Dad Loves to
Sing” and “Too Busy Being Blue”  (aka the “F**k You” song). Don’t forget
that there are extensive album liner  notes at _www.jamieanderson.com_
(http://www.jamieanderson.com/)  – just click on the album photo.  In the liner notes I
tell the story of recording each song, like how the  mandolin player on Never
Assume had to record in a closet … resulting  in many jokes, especially with
Lisa Koch around.
It was so nice seeing many of you at  Festival for the Eno in early July and
later in the month at my gig with Tracy  Drach in Durham.  And the National
Women’s Music Festival … OOOOHH BABEEE was that fun. It’s not  every day a solo
performer like moi gets to work with a band like  that. I loved meeting the
folks who came to the festival - everyone is so  friendly. And the performers!
Whew. The round robin at the end of the festival  kicked some serious bootay.
There’s a photo of all of us, looking radient, at
_http://jamieanderson.com/concert.html_ (http://jamieanderson.com/concert.html)  along with one of  Tory,
my back up vocalist, and me. While you’re there, look around at the other  new
photos. I love the one of Teresa Trull and me. She was singing “Sway of Her
Hips” at the Ohio Lesbian Festival. It just begged for a bellydancer.
Speaking of festivals, I’m about to  head out for the Michigan Women’s Music
Festival. No, they didn’t book me –  dang – but I’ll be there working in
the Goldenrod Booth. Look for me in the  back where I can introduce you to some
kickin' new music. I’ll be doing a  concert with Nedra Johnson in Hart the
night before the festival. We are sold  out of advance tickets but it’s possible
we’ll have some at the door. (It  depends on whether or not we can get
additional chairs and how many of you are  willing to sit on each other’s laps. Yeah,
I know some of you would do that  regardless of the room capacity.) The
weekend after that fest I’ll be performing  at Womonfest in Cincinnati. Joining me
will be percussionist  Phyllis Free. Whoo hoo! I’m also catching a few other
Midwest gigs that weekend. I’ll be back in the Midwest in September. I like y’
all so much I can’t stay  away.
For those of you who don’t live in NC  and want to take one of my workshops,
here’s your opportunity – I’ll be teaching  bellydance August 14 in
Nashville, IN.  The next night I’m teaching a songwriting class. E me if you need more
information.
Enough blabbing. Hope to see y’all at a  gig!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3. Check  out my video
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There’s a great new video of “My Dad  Loves to Sing,” one of the songs from
my new album: _http://jamieanderson.com/video1.html_
(http://jamieanderson.com/video1.html)     And yes, some of those photos  are actually of my dad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. New  stuff at my website
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New home page, extensive liner notes  for Three Bridges (click on the album
photo), new photos … go take a look! _www.jamieanderson.com_
(http://www.jamieanderson.com/)
If you ever need a web designer, I  highly recommend www.motherwit.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5. Do you live in IA, IL, KY, MN, WI  or WV?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And do you wanna host a house concert?  It's easy! You just need a list of
friends who love live music and a living room  or other space that fits 20 or
more. I've worked with many first-time house  concert organizers so no worries
there. _jamie at jamieanderson.com_ (mailto:jamie at jamieanderson.com)   Here's
what I need:
Friday, September 7           IL,  IA
Sunday, September 9         IA, MN, WI, northern IL
Sunday, September 23       KY,  WV
Even if you don't live in these areas  and think you may want to do a house
concert someday, give me a  shout.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6. Be my friend
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.myspace.com/jamieandersonmusic
Please be my friend? Get tour updates,  listen to songs, read my blog and see
pics that aren’t on my regular  site.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7. Musicians, looking for a bio  writer?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Musicians and other creative folks, I  can write your bio, web content or
press releases for a small fee and quick  turnaround. My work has been published
in Acoustic Guitar, Sing Out!,  Indie-Music.com and more. Here are some
samples:
_http://www.jeremyjamesmusic.com/bio.html_
(http://www.jeremyjamesmusic.com/bio.html)
_http://www.carlynhutchins.com/index.cfm_
(http://www.carlynhutchins.com/index.cfm)
Wanna know more?  www.jamieanderson.com/journalist.html
Interested? Give me a shout: _Jamie at jamieanderson.com_
(mailto:Jamie at jamieanderson.com)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8. Funniest  video I’ve seen in a long time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixkck8QnjY_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixkck8QnjY)
Yes, it’s all the gay’s  fault.
9. Still looking for someone to video  tape my performance
forward jokes, news items, virus  warnings or petitions. I love personal notes
from fans, though, and  try to answer every email. I do not share the mailing
list with anyone  else. Feel free to forward this newsletter to your friends,
especially if I'm  going to be performing in their area. Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11. The ending quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>From Planet Proctor in the Funny Times  (_www.funnytimes.com_
(http://www.funnytimes.com/) )
“One of the great things about a book  is that sometimes there are some
fantastic pictures.” – G. W.  Bush
He’s as smart as a  kumquat.
Peace and chocolate  y’all,
-- Jamie