[Jamie-News] The Jamie Anderson Newsletter, Special New Album Edition

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 11:49:22 EDT 2007

The Jamie Anderson  Newsletter, Special New Album Edition

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Table of Contents
9. Ending quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.  Performances
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always check with the venue before  heading out to a show.
More dates are being added  all the time!
7/4        Durham, NC, Festival for the Eno, 11:30 am  Grove Stage, 2:30 pm
Chimney Corner stage, with fiddler Tracy Feldman,  www.enoriver.org
7/6        Bloomington, IL, National  Women’s Music Festival, with
guitarist/mandolinist Kara Barnard, vocalist Tory  K, and percussionist Phyllis Free,
_www.wiaonline.org_ (http://www.wiaonline.org/)
7/20      Durham, NC, time tba, Broad  Street Café, 1116 Broad St., with
Tracy Drach,  www.broadstreetcafe.org
8/4        Alpena, MI, Backroads House Concert,
www.backroadshouseconcerts.com
8/5        Hart, MI, 7 pm, Comfort Inn,  with Nedra Johnson, buy tickets in
advance at _www.nedrajohnson.com/pre-fest.html_
(http://www.nedrajohnson.com/pre-fest.html)
8/18      Cincinnati, OH, Tri-state Womonfest,  www.tristatewomonfest.com
8/19      Sandusky,  OH, Firelands  Pride
9/8        Des Moines, IA, WCC at Friends Meeting House,  opening: Mary
McAdams
9/10      Cedar  Falls, IA, tentative
9/14      Chicago, IL, Fitzgeralds
9/15      Ft.  Wayne, IN, Sophia’s  Portico
9/16      Joliet, IL, house  concert
9/18      Chicago, IL, Big  Chicks/Tweet
9/21      Pittsburgh, PA, with Tracy  Drach
9/22      Indianapolis, IN, Indy Indie, with special  guest
11/16    Tucson, AZ
11/17    Phoenix, AZ, with Slique Callahan,  tentative
11/18    Apache Junction,  AZ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. THE NEW ALBUM IS  HERE!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The new album, Three Bridges, is  here!!! Those of you who ordered the album
should already have it. The rest of  you can get it at Festival for the Eno,
the National Women’s Music Festival or  at _www.cdbaby.com/jamieanderson4_
(http://www.cdbaby.com/jamieanderson4) .  Soon, it’ll be up at other websites like
_www.ladyslipper.org_ (http://www.ladyslipper.org/) , _www.goldenrod.com_
(http://www.goldenrod.com/) , _www.iTunes.com_ (http://www.itunes.com/)   and
more! Whoo hoo!
This album is my legacy. Even  “Menstrual Tango.” J You’ll find songs from
most of my  earlier albums plus a couple of new ones recorded with Kara
Barnard, “My Dad  Loves to Sing” and “Too Busy Being Blue” (aka the “F**k You”
song). I’ve even  included a song from a tape I made in 1986 that (shhhh) almost
no one knows  about. There are extensive liner notes at
_www.jamieanderson.com_ (http://www.jamieanderson.com/) . Click on the  album on the home page to
get there.
I am soooooo looking forward to  Festival for the Eno on Wednesday in Durham.
Not only is it for a good cause – to  raise money to buy land along the Eno –
 but it’s always fun. There’s a great  variety of music and art in a
beautiful setting. Check it out y’all. _www.enoriver.org_ (http://www.enoriver.org)
The other biiiiig gig I’m doing is at  the National Women’s Music Festival
in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois on Friday, July  6. I lurve this event and I’m
especially excited because  I’ve got a kick-butt band: Kara Barnard on guitar
and mandolin, Tory K on vocals  and Phyllis Free on percussion. We’ll be
featuring many of the songs from Three Bridges. The rest of the artists  are damn
good too … Ember Swift, Michelle Balan, Wishing Chair, Melissa Ferrick,  Zoe
Lewis, Ubaka Hill … hey, you don’t wanna miss this festival!  www.wiaonline.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3. Website  update
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There’s a new home page plus extensive  liner notes for Three Bridges – just
 click on the album photo to get there. Later this month there’ll be other
updates including new photos. _www.jamieanderson.com_
(http://www.jamieanderson.com)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Do you  live in IN, OH or MI?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And do you wanna host a house  concert? It's easy! You just need a list of
friends who love live music and a  living room or other space that fits 20 or
more. I've worked with many  first-time house concert organizers so no worries
there. If you can put on  a show, contact me: _jamie at jamieanderson.com_
(mailto:jamie at jamieanderson.com)   Here's  what I need:
Friday, August 3, northern Ohio or  anywhere in Michigan
Friday, August 17, Indiana (not  close to Ft. Wayne or Indianapolis) or Ohio
(but not close to  Cincinnati)
Even if you don't live in these  areas and think you may want to do a house
concert someday, give me a  shout.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5. I need friends. Go to MySpace!  Please?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.myspace.com/jamieandersonmusic
Won’t you be my friend? Get tour  updates, listen to songs, read my blog and
see pics that aren’t on my regular  site.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6. Musicians, looking for a bio  writer?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Musicians and other creative folks, I  can write your bio, web content or
press releases for a small fee and quick  turnaround. My work has been published
in Acoustic Guitar, Sing Out!,  Indie-Music.com and more. Here are some
samples:
_http://www.jeremyjamesmusic.com/bio.html_
(http://www.jeremyjamesmusic.com/bio.html)
_http://www.carlynhutchins.com/index.cfm_
(http://www.carlynhutchins.com/index.cfm)
_http://www.indie-music.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4642_
(http://www.indie-music.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4642)
_http://www.indie-music.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4792_
(http://www.indie-music.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4792)
Interested? Give me a shout: _Jamie at jamieanderson.com_
(mailto:Jamie at jamieanderson.com)
7. Still looking for someone to video  tape my performance
forward jokes, news items, virus  warnings or petitions. I love personal notes
from fans, though, and  try to answer every email. I do not share the mailing
list with anyone  else. Feel free to forward this newsletter to your friends,
especially if I'm  going to be performing in their area. Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9. The ending quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This quote is from _www.tomlehrer.org_ (http://www.tomlehrer.org/)   Tom's a
comedy songwriter  some of you may know.
“… I went from adolescence to senility,  trying to bypass maturity …” – Tom
Lehrer
Maybe that’s what Bush is  doing.
Peace and chocolate  y’all,
--  Jamie