[Jamie-News] The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Fri Sep 1 10:15:17 EDT 2006

The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Table of Contents
7. Ending quotes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Performances
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Always check with the venue before heading out to a show.
More dates are being added all the time!

9/16      Columbus, OH, Ohio Lesbian Festival, with Tory Kragt,
http://www.ohiolba.org/
9/24      Carrboro, NC, 4:15, Carrboro Music Festival, Nested, 188 E. Main,
www.carrboromusicfestival.com
11/19    Durham, NC, Common Ground Theater, with Kathleen Hannan and Sheila
Warner
12/2      Albuquerque, NC, tentative
12/3      Tucson, AZ, Greenfire
2007
316       Bethlehem, NH, Highlands Inn, www.highlandsinn-nh.com
3/17      Leverett, MA, Echo Lake Coffeehouse
3/24      New York, NY, People’s Café
5/12      Watchung, NJ, open for Cris Williamson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Welcome and general blabbing
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There’s an oak tree in my yard. On the tip of one branch are a few leaves
that are slightly more yellow that the others. Even though we’ve had temperatures
in the 90’s this week, that tree is a sign that fall is coming. Lots of
people rejoice at the coming of crisp autumn air and brightly colored leaves but
folks, it depresses me. Sure, fall is okay but it means winter is coming. Yeah,
yeah, you midwesterners are laughing your arses off at this southerner but
there’s a reason I live here and not there. Call me in mid February when there’s
so much snow all you can see of your car is the tip of the antenna.

Enough polite weather talk – okay, not so polite -- and on to the meat of
this little tome, me, me, me. Yeah, that’s my name there at the top. August found
me doing a mini tour of the Midwest including a kick ass gig with Nedra
Johnson in Hart, Michigan, just before the Michigan festival. I’m loading up that
audience in a big bus and taking you on tour with me. C’mon, it’ll be a lot
more fun than making the kids lunches and going to work every day. I had a great
time at my other shows too – thanks so much to everyone who came out.

And the festival! Hot damn was it fun. Didja see me on the lead vehicle in
the femme parade? I danced at the Sunday night candlelight concert too, doing a
candle dance. First time I've ever done something like that and since I didn't
set my hair on fire I consider it a success. It was great hearing all the
live music especially Vicki Randle. Some of you may know her as the vocalist with
the Tonight Show band but those of us who know women's music have been
hearing her for years at women's festivals, in her own sets and as a
sideplayer/vocalist with other performers. I'm so glad she took her folk/pop songs and
finally made an album. I bought two of them plus a t-shirt. I'm a fan but not quite
a stalker. All right, back to me, me, me or rather you - nice to meet some of
you at the Goldenrod booth and thanks for taking my bellydance classes. I
swear it’s the most fun you can have with your clothes on although some of you
weren't wearing much. If you live in the Raleigh-Durham area, you can take my
regular classes but you've gotta be fully dressed. The folks at the Durham Arts
Council are funny that way. Classes start September 25. More at
www.durhamarts.org.

Next year marks my 20th year of touring. I’d love to be booked at some
festivals where I can do a lot of whoo hooing. (Hey, I made up a new verb!) Please
request me at your favorite festival. It really does make a difference.

This month I’m playing at the Ohio Lesbian Festival! I always love being
there and this year, I’ll be performing with Tory Kragt, a soulful vocalist some
of you may have seen at the Michigan Women’s Music Festival (singing with the
Southern Fried Chix Lix and in the opening ceremonies). I’ll be doing some
emcee work in addition to my musical set. Maybe I’ll bring the tiara. Also
performing – and I’m about to pee my pants over this lineup --  is Barbara Higbie
and Teresa Trull, Zrazy, Katie Reider and more. This is a great festival. It’s a
gonga deal at $30/35 for a ticket and for that, you get live music and comedy
all afternoon and into the evening, a huge crafts area, workshops and lots of
women. It’s outside but you don’t have to camp because there are a bunch of
motels near by. Check their website for housing options and more info:
www.ohiolba.org.

Also this month I’ll be at a local event, the Carrboro Music Festival. It’s
a sweet local festival that features everything from punk to bluegrass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3. Download my songs from over 30 sites
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can now download my individual songs (or a whole CD) from over 30
websites! Here are some of them: www.apple.com/itunes/store  http://music.msn.com/
http://www.musicnet.com/ http://www.buymusic.com/ http://www.arvato.com/
http://www.napster.com/ http://www.sonyconnect.com/ http://www.emusic.com/
http://www.playindies.com/
And as always, you can buy my albums from www.ladyslipper.org,
www.goldenrod.com, www.cdbaby.com and www.hrmusic.com. A bunch of other sites too but heck,
those oughta give you enough choices.

friends. Even if you've never done it before, I can guide you through the process.
Give me a shout at office at jamieanderson.com if you might be interested.

Here’s what I’m looking for right now. Even if you can’t help me with these
dates and/or places, let me know if you might be interested in hosting a
concert at another time and where you live.

October and beyond     North Carolina (not triangle cities but almost
anywhere else)
December 1                 Phoenix area, AZ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5. Openings for guitar and songwriting students
with anyone else. Feel free to forward this newsletter to your friends,
especially if I'm going to be performing in their area. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7. The ending quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it’s unfamiliar
territory.” – Paul Fix

“American soldiers who went to Iraq to fight for our freedom are in the wrong
place. They should have gone to Washington.” – Phillip Frey, LA Times Letters

Let’s all go to Washington and talk to those who are lost in thought.

Peace and chocolate to y’all --

-- Jamie

Jamie Anderson
www.jamieanderson.com