[Jamie-News] The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

TsunamiInc@aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 13:21:00 EST 2005

The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Table of Contents
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Performances
2. Welcome and general blabbing
3. Please help promote MD gig
4. Download me at iTunes and other sites
5. Looking for massage therapist in triangle city area
6. Please help me get festival gigs
7. Promise of Light review
8. Mailing list business
9. Ending quotes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Performances
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Always check with the venue before heading out to a show.
More dates are being added all the time!

11/4 Kensington, MD, house concert **sold out**
11/5 Frederick, MD, 9 pm, Westside Café, 1A W. Second St, near the corner of
Market St, www.Westside-café.com, 301-418-6006
12/1 Phoenix, AZ, 7 pm, Unitarian Church, 4027 Lincoln Dr,
www.odysseyvacation.com, with Tina Angotti
12/2 Las Cruces, NM, Peace Lutheran Fellowship Hall, 1701 E. Missouri,
benefit for The Normal Heart
12/3 Albuquerque, NM, 7 pm, Unitarian Church, 3701 Carlisle Blvd NE,
gdresden at yahoo.com, with the NM Women's Chorus
12/4 Cloudcroft, NM (near Alamogordo), 6 pm potluck, 7 pm show, Good Life
Inn, goodlifeinn at aol.com
12/9 Tucson, AZ, 7:30 pm, Greenfire Books, 925 E. Ft. Lowell,
www.greenfirebooks.com, 520-408-0677, with Martie van der Voort
12/10 Apache Junction, AZ, Superstition Mountain RV Resort
12/11 Cottonwood, AZ, 4 pm, Moonshadow Gifts, 1123 N. Main St.,
moonshadow at moonshadowgift.com
2006:
2/2 Pensacola, FL, WUWF Radio Live, www.radiolive.org
2/3 Tallahassee, FL, WeMoon Spirit
2/4 Tampa, FL, with No More Silence
2/5 Jacksonville, FL, house concert
3/4 Cincinnati, OH, PFLG dinner
March/April Midwest
6/22-25 Highlands, NC (SW of Asheville), Women in Harmony

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Welcome and general blabbing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone, hope your fall is faaaaaabulous. Clearly I'm channeling my
inner drag queen.

I had some great gigs in the midwest last weekend. On Friday in Louisville it
was an absolute joy to perform with percussionist Phyllis Free. Some of you
know her from the band Yer Girlfriend or from Women in Harmony, where she's the
percussion instructor. Hot damn did she add some nice beats to my songs. The
venue was great too - if you're ever out Louisville way, stop off at The
Alternative, www.louisvillealternative.com. It's a non-smoking bar with a friendly
clientele but make sure you know the proper way to pronounce "Louisville." It
is NOT Looeeeville.

Saturday night I returned to Hippieville of the midwest (Yellow Springs, OH
for those not in the know) and had a nice night at the WEB Coffeehouse. Sunday
found me at Another Bookstore in Mishawaka, IN, doing a benefit for a friend
who needs to raise several thousand dollars for a service dog for her daughter.
We raised $1700. Whoo hoo! Thanks for your help, everyone. Here's hoping it
won't take much more to get the pup. Oh and at that gig I had the absolute
pleasure of singing with Tory. You may have seen her on stage at the Michigan
Women's Festival where she was practically the house band. She added a nice bluesy
feel to my songs.

I love, love, love performing with others. I wish I could do it more but
finances and scheduling often don't permit it.

I received some very nice gifts on that last tour - flowers, lots of
chocolate and a bra. Yes, a beautiful orange bra with tassels. The perfect gift for a
bellydancer.

Do you think Cris Williamson gets bras from her fans?

Camp Sisterspirit is still struggling to help their region to recover after
Katrina. If you can help, they've made it easy with a Paypal button on their
home page: www.campsisterspirit.com.

This Friday and Saturday I'm playing in Maryland. My Kensington gig is sold
out but there's still room at my Frederick show. Bring 50 of your closest
friends, 'k? Later on in the month I head to my beloved Southwest. I'll get some
time off with my family over Thanksgiving, then I've got gigs in early December
in New Mexico and Arizona. I can't wait go hug me some saguaros. More details
above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3. Please help with promotion for MD gig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you or someone you know lives near Frederick, MD (DC and burbs), I'd love
your help. Please tell your friends about my gig at the Westside Café on
November 5. Maybe there's a local gay or folk listserve where you could post the
info? Or perhaps you could throw a few flyers around town for me? You can
download a poster blank from www.jamieanderson.com/poster.html or I can e you
something. Contact me at office at jamieanderson.com. Thanks!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Download me at iTunes and other sites
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wondering what to download onto that new iPod? Well mosey over to
http://music.msn.com and check out the Deep Cuts section of Gay Pride: Girls over at
iTunes Essentials. They've got several of my tunes bundled with other music from
gay gals including Deidre McCalla. If you don't want a whole bunch of songs,
you can always download individual songs from www.apple.com/itunes,
www.BuyMusic.com, www.mperia.com/artists/jamie_anderson, plus several other sites.

5. Looking for massage therapist in triangle city area

I'm looking for a licensed massage therapist in the triangle city area of
North Carolina who can trade for guitar lessons. Office at jamieanderson.com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6. Please help me get festival gigs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now's the time that festivals start making decisions about who to book for
next year. I can't stress to you how important these events are to my work. You
can help me by contacting them and requesting me. Uh, don't tell them I sent
you, it'll make me look like a big loser. :)

Michigan Women's Music Festival, PO Box 7430, Berkeley, CA, 94707,
510-652-5441
Wiminfest, PO Box 80204, Albuquerque, NM, 87198, www.wiminfest.org
Clearwater Festival, 27 Midline R., Ballston, NY, 12019, www.clearwater.org
Ohio Lesbian Festival, PO Box 82086, Columbus, OH, 43202, www.ohiolba.org
Philadelphia Folk Festival, 7113 Elwin St, Philadelphia, PA, 19119,
info at folkfest.org
Sisterspace Weekend, 1315 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA, 19107,
sweekend at sisterspace.org
Newport Folk Festival, Festival Productions, 21 W. 74th St., NYC, NY, 10023

I've applied to more but I figure this is a long enough list.

If there are any big events in your area that would book someone like me,
request me there too then write to me (office at jamieanderson.com) and tell me how
to reach them. My shameless self-promoting self will take care of the rest.

with anyone else. Feel free to forward this newsletter to your friends,
especially if I'm going to be performing in their area. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9. The ending quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality. It's
like disapproving of rain." - Francis Maude

"The only queer people are those who don't love anybody." - Rita Mae Brown

"You could move." Abigail Van Buren, "Dear Abby," in response to a reader who
complained that a gay couple was moving in across the street and wanted to
know what he could do to improve the quality of the neighborhood

"God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision."
- Lynn Lavner

Now go kiss your favorite homosexual.

Peace, love and chocolate,
Jamie