[Jamie-News] The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 11:52:20 EDT 2003

The Jamie Anderson Newsletter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Table of Contents
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Performances
2. Welcome and general blabbing
3. Queer Music Heritage CD giveaways
4. www.outfordean.org
5. Are a good typist?  Wanna help out the National Women's Music Festival?
6. Requests
7. House concerts
8. Now accepting credit cards
9. Mail list business
10. Ending quotes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Performances
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** with Girls Gone Funny (Deirdre Flint and Carla Ulbrich)
all other shows solo unless noted

Always check with the venue before heading out to a show.

10/10   Jacksonville, FL, 8 pm, house concert, flamingokey at yahoo.com,
904-744-3226
10/11   Homestead, FL, 8 pm, Homestead Café, 128 N. Krome Ave, 305-245-7575,
www.mainstreetcafe.net, with multi-instrumentalist Annie Wenz
10/12   St. Petersburg, FL, 6:30 pm, First Unity, 469 45th Ave. No,
727-525-7232, with No More Silence
10/17   Nashville, TN, 6:30 pm, Bluebird Café, 4104 Hillsboro Rd.,
615-383-1461, www.bluebirdcafe.com, with others
10/18   Memphis, TN, 8 pm, Otherlands Coffee Bar, 641 S. Cooper, 901-278-4994
10/29   My birthday!!
11/1    ***Haverford, PA, 7 pm, Haverford College, womenctr at haverford.edu,
610-795-6069
11/2    ***Philadelphia, PA, 7:30 pm, Tin Angel, 20 S 2nd St., 215-928-0978,
www.tinangel.com
11/7    ***Kingston, NY, 8 pm, West Strand Grill, 50 Abeel St.,
www.greatdamesproductions.com
11/8    ***Franklin, MA, 8 pm, Circle of Friends Coffeehouse at First
Universalist Meeting House, 262 Chestnut St., tickets 508-528-2541,
www.fusf.org/cof/, with Modern Man
11/9    Bethlehem, NH, 8 pm, Highlands Inn, 603-869-3978,
www.highlandsinn-nh.com, open to the public
11/13   ***Bradford, VT, 8 pm, Middle Earth Music Hall, Barton St just off
Main St, 802-222-4748, www.middle-earth-music.com, info at middle-earth-music.com
11/14   ***Shirley, MA, 8 pm, Bull Run Restaurant, 215 Great Road,
978-425-4311, www.bullrunrestaurant.com
11/15   ***Bangor, ME, 7:30 pm, Benefit for WERU at Union Street Church,
207-469-6600, www.weru.org
11/16   Portland, ME, 7 pm, house concert, mmalia at maine.rr.com, 207-774-1138
11/20   ***Northampton, MA, 8 pm, Smith College Campus Ctr Café, 100 Elm St,
www.smith.edu
11/21   ***Chester, NY, 8 pm, Bodles Opera House, 39 Main St., 845-469-4595,
www.bodles.com
11/22   Syracuse, NY, 8 pm, Happy Endings Café, 317 S Clinton St.,
www.happyending.com, 315-475-1853
12/5    Tucson, AZ, 8 pm, Pima College Proscenium Theater, 520-297-9133,
jholden2 at mindspring.com, tickets at www.dotucson.com, with Alix Dobkin
12/6    Apache Junction, AZ, 7:30 pm, Superstition Mountain Resort
12/7    Phoenix, AZ, Fiddler's Dream Coffeehouse, 2 pm workshop "How to Write
and Perform Funny Songs," 7 pm performance, SE corner 17th St. and Cactus
Wren (1 blk no Glendale), 602-997-9795, www.fiddlersdream.org

2004:
Jan       Ft. Myers, FL
Feb West coast (CA, OR, WA)
April   Midwest
May East Coast
June    Chicago, IL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Welcome and general blabbing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy fall everyone!  I hope all of you in the path of Isabel fared well.
Thankfully, we weren't hit too badly in Durham.

The benefit concert in early September for Independent Animal Rescue raised
$640!  Thanks to everyone who came to the show.  If you couldn't make it but
want to contribute, go to www.animalrescue.net.

I also had a fun gig at Blue Coffee Company in Durham where I discovered that
you always want women from Wilmington in your audience but it's best if
they're in the back rows.  <ducking>  And the Ohio Festival was a blast.  Not only
did I do a musical set with percussionist Leigh Peterson but I bellydanced
with rock band Burning Sage.  Most fun I could have with my clothes on.

October takes me to Florida and Tennessee.  In November, I'm doing some east
coast gigs with Girls Gone Funny as well as a few solo engagements.  More info
above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.  Queer Music Heritage CD Giveaways
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be giving away CDs of the Queer Music Heritage radio show at upcoming
concerts.  It's a wonderful show that features the music of LGBT artists, past
and present.  If you're not lucky enough to win one of the CDs, you can still
hear the show at www.queermusicheritage.com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. www.outfordean.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out this website to find out more about Howard Dean.  I'll have buttons
for his campaign at upcoming shows.

5. Are you a good typist?  Wanna help out the National Women's Music
Festival?

I'm working a bit with the festival over the next coming months.  We need
someone dependable to input data for a media database, preferably in Excel or
another easy-to-use program where data would be easily exportable.  I'm guessing
the job will take 5-10 hours and we need it completed by mid November.  You'll
get our enduring gratitude and the satisfaction of helping the nation's
oldest women's music festival.  (The festival celebrates it's 30th anniversary next
year and it's gonna be big, folks!)  If you can help, e me at
jamie at jamieanderson.com.

~~~~~~~~~~~
6. Requests
~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm always happy to take requests but know that my memory bites.  A request
at a show may be met with, "Uh, I wrote that?"  If you don't want to feed me
the lyrics as I sing it, e me ahead of time with requests and increase your
chances.  Jamie at jamieanderson.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7.  House concerts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the responses to my request for house concert opportunities in the
last newsletter.  Just because I filled the holes in this year's schedule
doesn't mean I won't do any more house concerts.  If you think you might be able
to offer one in the future, shoot me an email, letting me know where you live
and if you can seat 20 or more.  I tour all over the country and sometimes
have to fill in open dates with house concerts after I book larger venues.  I'll
contact you if that happens.  For more info: http://houseconcerts.org.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8.  Now accepting credit cards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can now accept credit cards for CD purchases at concerts.  When your credit
card statement comes, it'll say "CD Baby" and not the name of my company.
And as always, you can use a credit card when you buy my CDs on the net from
www.ladyslipper.org, www.goldenrod.com, www.cdbaby.com, www.hrmusic.com and other
sites.

the only one who posts - this is not a discussion forum.  Feel free to forward
this newsletter to your friends, especially if I'm going to be performing in
their area.  Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12.  The Ending Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Arnold Schwarzenegger. Finally a candidate who can explain the Bush
administration's position on civil liberties in the original German." - Bill Maher

"If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties?  How
intelligent is it to start the day by tying a noose around your neck?" - Linda
Ellerbee

'Nuff said.  Y'all have a great month.

-- Jamie

Jamie Anderson
Singer - Songwriter - Parking Lot Attendant
http://www.jamieanderson.com and http://www.mp3.com/jamieanderson

Buy Jamie's recordings!
Goldenrod: www.goldenrod.com
Ladyslipper: 800-634-6044, or www.ladyslipper.org