[Jamie-News] The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Thu May 1 21:16:55 EDT 2003

The Jamie Anderson Newsletter

Table of Contents

1. Performances!
2. Welcome and general blabbing
3. Download my songs for nada
4. Women in Harmony music camp
5. Requests
6. Iowa tour photos
7. The National Women's Music Festival
8. Mail list business
9. Ending quotes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Performances!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always, check with the venue before heading out for a show.

*** with Girls Gone Funny, Carla Ulbrich and Deidre Flint
all other shows solo unless noted otherwise

5/9       ***Wilmington, DE, 8 pm, Grace Methodist Church, 900 Washington
St., www.listeningpost.us, 302-834-3732
5/10    ***Watchung, NJ, 8 pm, Watchung Arts Center, 18 Stirling Rd.,
www.watchungarts.org/, 908-753-0190
5/11    ***Alexandria, VA, 7 pm, Focus Inn at the Church of the Resurrection,
2280 N. Beauregard St., 202-607-6156, www.folkusmusic.org
5/15    ***Syracuse, NY, 8 pm, Happy Endings Café, 317 S. Clinton,
315-475-1853, www.folkus.org
5/16    ***Saratoga Springs, NY, 8 pm, Caffé Lena, 47 Phila St.,
518-583-0022, www.caffelena.com
5/17    ***Taunton, MA, 8 pm, The Dessert Club, First Parrish Church, 20
Friend St., 508-824-4143, www.thedessertclub.com
5/18    ***Chester, NY, 7 pm, Bodles, 39 Main St., www.bodles.com,
845-469-4595
5/25    Ferncliff, VA, CampOut, 804-301-3553, www.campoutva.com
5/31    New York, NY, OutMusic conference, GLBT Center, www.outmusic.com
6/1       New York, NY, OutMusic Award Show, www.outmusic.com
6/5-8   Kent, OH, National Women's Music Festival, with the Barely Butch
Band, 317-923-5574, www.wiaonline.org
6/28-29 Colorado Springs, CO (tentative)
6/30    Cary, NC, 8 pm, Six String Café, with the Durham Songwriting Circle
-just a sampler set, for a full show, come on July 5
7/5       Cary, NC, 8 pm, Six String Café, 107 Edinburgh South, 919-469-3667,
www.sixstringcafe.com
7/11-13 Bakersville, NC (near Asheville), Women in Harmony music camp,
404-627-6163, elainetownsendsc at yahoo.com
7/26    Madison, WI, Tomboy Girl Festival, Alliant Energy Center,
608-256-9738, www.tomboygirl.com
8/12 -17 Hart, MI, Michigan Women's Music Festival, teaching bellydance,
www.michfest.com
October  Florida and the South
Nov        east coast with Girls Gone Funny and solo shows

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Welcome and general blabbing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's spring in the south!  Bright green is busting out everywhere, the
dogwoods are in graceful bloom and it's warm!  I hope it's beautiful where
you are.

In my last newsletter I whined about using AOL to get this monthly tome out
to you.  Well, be careful what you ask for!  The nice folks who host my
website wrote to say that they could help me with my newsletter!   It's a lot
less work for me and you won't get 37 duplicates of the newsletter each mo
nth.  You can sign up or unsubscribe yourself at my website,
www.jamieanderson.com.  If you're getting this newsletter, you've already
been subscribed.  The only bad part about using software to update the list
is that if your mailbox is full and the newsletter bounces one time, you'll
be taken off the list.  In the past, I could keep you on manually.  Don't let
your inbox fill up!  Or, consider resubbing with an address you check more
often.

The nice folks offering this service are at www.svaha.com.  Check 'em out if
you're looking for someone to host a site or maintain a mailing list for you.

I had a great midwest tour, driving about 6,000 miles in a month.  (I figure
if I decide to stop doing music I can always become a trucker.)  Thanks to
everyone who came to the shows!  Without you, I'd be grabbing strangers in
the street to sing 'em songs.  That could get ugly.

This month, I'm doing some east coast gigs with Girls Gone Funny - that's
Deidre Flint and Carla Ulbrich.  At each show, we'll be doing separate sets
and some stuff together.  I can't reveal much but I can tell you that I'll
actually play the mandolin in public and Carla can make some incredible sound
effects using only her body.  Later in May I'll be at CampOut, a women's
festival in Virginia.  Fab guitarist Katherine Archer is going to do a couple
of tunes with me and rumor has it that for her set, she's gonna make me wear
a big hat on stage again.  What I won't do for attention.  In early June it's
the National Women's Music Festival with the greatest band on the planet -
most of the women from my newest album Listen!!  Expect some surprises.

Okay, I'll stop blabbing about upcoming shows.  You can get the details
above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.  Download my songs for nada
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget that you can download several of my songs and an MP3 player from
my website: www.jamieanderson.com.  There are also three songs at
www.mp3.com/jamieanderson.  And speaking of my website, most of my
newsletters are archived there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Women in Harmony
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Women in Harmony is a music camp for women of all musical abilities.  It's
July 11 -13, 2003 at a camp in the beautiful mountains near Asheville, North
Carolina.  Check out the movie of last year's event at
http://www.jamieanderson.com/harmony.htm.

Women in Harmony is like scout camp for adults only we won't make you do the
dishes. Elaine Townsend and I are teaching workshops (songwriting, guitar,
drum, harmony singing and others), plus there are song circles and jam
sessions for beginners through intermediate players and singers. You'll get
delicious meals and a furnished cabin room or a camping spot. The camp is
beautifully forested with a pond for swimming and lots of places to relax.